Monday, February 8, 2010

Pictures of Adam's hive.

This is a picture of Adam a couple of days before hives.

Still my happy little boy, even though he has been miserable most of the day....
If you click on the picture it shows you it a bit closer.

We took Adam to the doctor today and he confirmed to us that he did have an antibiotic allergic reaction and said he has it bad as it gets basically. I took pictures of it, but still he looks much worse in person. Adam was put on antibiotic about a week ago, because the doctor thought it might help clear up some of the congestion that he thought he had and gave it to him as a precaution. But after going to the Ears, nose and throat doctor we discovered that the noisy breathing he was having was from his laryngomalacia, moderate sized adnoids and some acid reflux. If you are wondering what laryngomalacia is, it explains it in the post two previous ones before this one. We kept Adam on his Antibiotic because once you start one you should finish it, but in his case we discontinued use of it. I am glad that his medical problems have only been minor, but the poor little guy has still had to deal with a lot in the past couple of weeks..... The pediatrician said that his hives will clear up in about a week, so we will probably be staying home. I'm sure if we go out in public people would be thinking he is contagious, or something of the sort. I am happy to say that Adam is breathing much better at night now that we turn him on his side and now that he is taking prevacid for the acid reflux.

3 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

When you click on the picture like you mention wow you can totally see all the hives covering his poor little body. And thanks for answering my question about why he was on it :) I was thinking that might be it from your previous post I read but I wasnt sure. Hope they go away soon!

Kariann said...

Oh my gosh he looks SO miserable!!! How sad!!! :( I hope it clears up soon!! I'm glad you have been able to find out what has been wrong with him and hope it continues to help!

The Tracys said...

Poor little guy! Sounds like he's been through a lot lately, and you guys too. I bet you were scared to death with his breathing problems. He's an adorable little boy- growing so fast! I hope you can get some rest and I'm so glad you got everything figured out. Good luck!