Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Car!

So, for those of you who know me (Sean, not Megan), you know that I love Subaru's. A year and a half ago, I found a steal deal: A 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited edition which has been, by far, my favorite car of all time.

I've had a Honda Accord and Civic of my own up to this point and have driven many other vehicles and none have compared to this beauty.
Unfortunately, on a trip down to pick up my cousin for a BYU game, I was driving on I-15 southbound coming up on Legacy Parkway (appropraite name for my situation). I looked back in my blind spot to change lanes from the far right lane to the middle lane at the same time a truck in front of me was changing the same lanes. As I was in between both lanes, the truck in front of me swerved and by the time I saw what he swerved out of the way of, I was pretty much on top of it: A old Ford F250 spare tire that had dropped off the bottom of the truck. I tried to swerve without totally flipping my car and, well, didn't have enough room to make it out of the way and BLAM! I smashed into the surprisingly very large spare tire on my front drivers side. Ends up it busted the axle and did enough damage in other places (bumper, fender, tire, etc.) to be determined a total loss. *sniff*.
By the way, I didn't get hurt, in case you cared. Nor did I think the car was really that damaged. Stupid...
In any case, I searched and searched and searched for a Subaru similar to mine to replace it and nobody, I mean NOBODY had anything of the sort. I refuse to get another type of car, because as you Subaru drivers know, once you own a Subaru, you never go back. So I broke down and spent a lot of money (with Megan's permission, of course) on a new car. And, I must say, it was worth it.



It's a beautiful 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited (the most luxurious and powerful model). It has 23K miles on it, with a 2.5 liter turbo engine, 250 horse power, and a woppin' 0-60 time of 5.2 seconds. Needless to say, this is now my favorite car of all time. I just thought you all might like to know. I did.

4 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

I have to say I'm a little jealous that your the one with the new car.. But oh well I still like my car and I must say the new car is a very sweet ride.

Kat said...

Congrats on the hot wheels!

Michelle said...

Good to hear you didn't get hurt. Nice car!!

Alyssa said...

I am glad to hear you weren't hurt! That sounds pretty scary! And also.. Congrats on the new car!! There is nothing better then a new car! It is very nice! Congrats!!